See These 10 Email Marketing Best Practices
Keeping up with all of the trends in marketing could be a full-time task, and it’s the same with email marketing. Within the last several years there have been changes made that only make an already effective technique even more so. However like all business models, there are some best practices you’ll want to follow for the greatest results possible. Let’s detail some of those for you here and now.
Ten best practices for email marketing
- Craft an attention-getting subject line – This is task one, as if you don’t make this something that compels an open, you’re finished. Use short, bold and punchy text.
- Mobile optimized emails – If you’re not mobilizing for mobile now, you’re missing out, as some 67 percent of all emails are now opened by way of a mobile device.
- Let them know who it’s from – Having a bland perfunctory “From” address can result in your emails never getting opened. Make it recognizable.
- Utilize several calls to action – If you really want the click, sell it, and make sure you have one of these above the fold.
- Make the body text brief and to the point – No one is planning on reading a thousand word email, so don’t be that guy! Say what you need to say, using bullet points if you have several points, and ask them to click elsewhere for more.
- Utilize videos and images – Videos and compelling imagery can often make the case your words may not. Everyone likes to view, so be sure and give them what they want.
- Benefits over features – No one wants to know the specific features of your gizmo or service; they want to know how it will make their life easier, and how fast!
- Don’t send too little or too much – This is one you need to test, as all audiences are a bit different, but be assured that once a month is too little, and a dozen times a week is excessive.
- Social sharing is a must – Make sure your emails are able to be shared socially, as this can increase their reach many times over.
- Create compelling content – Delivering valuable, timely content your readers can use will do you more good than almost any other of these best practices. Become somebody they want to hear from, and you’re halfway home.